Clubs in Gippsland are to benefit from the delivery of the VicHealth Healthy Sporting Environments Program being facilitated by GippSport. The aim of the state wide Healthy Sporting Environments (HSE) program is to reduce the prevalence of chronic disease by adhering to a set of minimum standards across six health areas.
GippSport will support clubs in creating healthy and safe sporting and recreation environments, as they are guided one-on-one through six core modules:
- Responsible use of alcohol
- UV protection
- Inclusion, safety and support
- Reducing tobacco use
- Healthy Eating
- Injury prevention and management
Clubs within the program are provided with one on one support from GippSport Program Coordinators. The program is further supported through the provision of tools and resources developed by support organisations such as Good Sports, SunSmart, Cancer Council Victoria, Play by the Rules, Australian Sports Commission, QUIT, VicHealth, SmartPlay and Sports Medicine Australia.
What is the benefit to your club?
Creating a healthier culture within your community sports club can lead to:
- Attracting new and retaining existing members.
- Increased funding and sponsorship opportunities.
- A positive club image – ‘family friendly’ welcoming environment.
- Potential for greater volunteer, administration, coaching and officiating services and skills.
- Improved social interaction with more spectators attending games and events.
If you are interested in participating in the program and “Giving your Club the Edge” then simply contact your local GippSport Program Coordinator here or on 51 358335.